I was going through some craft ideas, and saw this amazing Mini Present Garland which not looked beautiful but is easy to make. I am sharing the link where I saw it and also steps to make.
You would need: Colorful crepe paper, thin board (eg that of any pack like tea, corn flakes), scissors, glue and thread (preferrably contrasting with crepe colors)
1. Take the thin board and make them into small boxes like that of match box.
Making box for Wrapping
2. After making boxes, wrap the boxes in different colored crepe paper and tie the thread across the box to make it look like a gift.
3. Run across a silver or golden thread across various boxes and make them like a garland.
Present Garland for Christmas
4. Roll around your garland in your Christas Tree and it will look very beautiful and colorful.
Present Garland Christmas Tree
As Christmas is approaching, I thought of doing some craft for Christmas Decoration. I have made Christmas Snowflake from normal paper. You can use any colored paper or heavy paper for that matter as per the look you want for the snowflake.
For each snowflake you would need 6 Square papers, Gluestick, Stapler, Ruler and Pencil (for marking purpose).
1. With each sheet of paper, fold the paper diagonally and once again fold it diagonally, thereby making it triangle.
2. Mark three points at equal distance and cut it till the end leaving about a half inch from the edge.
3. After opening it, you will have a diamond with four triangles on each side. Put glue on every other point. You will be rolling two up, and then the alternate two down.
4. Turn it over, and do two the opposite direction.
5. Staple three together where they touch together. Make sure that all three are kept in same way where the bigger leaf is on either side for all three of them.
6. Then staple two of these together. Staple each flake with each other where they touch so that they don’t fall when you hang them.
7. Hang them from ceiling with the help of thread where ever you wish to!!!
It’s been quite long since I have done something artistic. I decided to pick up something new and what can be better then using stuff which is in your own office as garbage.
Bottles are most commonly found in houses specially glass bottles of breezer, beer and wine etc. Usually we throw these bottles away. So, I decided to keep them and do some bottle craft.
There are many ideas that are going through my mind
1. Glass paint the bottle. This is the most common way of reusing glass bottle and then you can keep set of bottles at some corner of your house. You can also group 6 bottles together, tie them and use them as flower vase.
2. Cover up the bottle with different colored papers and make some design out of them. This looks pretty for few months but then as paper starts fading out, the show of the bottle also goes away.
3. Beading uo the bottle. Pick up randon beads from market and stick them to your bottle. This not only looks beautiful but also give an artistic edge to the looks.
I am thinking of doing the beading up of the bottle but I will try paints too but acrylic paints and not glass paint as acrylic paints will give rustic look then transparent which comes from glass paint.
Watch out this for more.. Any suggestions are most welcome!!!
Today I am going to put up a tutorial on how to make a paper basket, which can be made from newspaper or any magazine. I ended up making one like this.
You would need following things to make Paper Basket
2. Glue Stick/Fevicol
3. Fevi Quick
4. Thin Stick (to help roll the paper)
To make newspaper basket,
1. Tear off the newspaper into halves and with the help of stick roll the newspaper and make the rolled long sticks. I made approx. 25 of them. Flatten the sticks so that they can get the desired shapes.
2. With the help of any small object, like old Fevi Stick, start rolling the sticks by gluing the edges during start and at the end. I chose circle as it is easy to make. You can pick old nail paint and make squares out of them.
3. Layout base for your design. I made a square which can be bit tough for beginners. You can try out by making circle by putting one in between and other designs around it. Stick the circles with each other with the help of Fevi Quick.
4. With the help of flattened sticks, roll them around to make border. Paste first stick from one of the corner and other one from the opposite corner with the help of Fevi Quick.
5. Tear off 1/8th paper (approx.) and make thin strips by folding them and attach them in between circles to give them strength using fevicol or glue.
6. Paste the circle vertically to your base and stick the circles with the help of Fevi Quick.
7. The “Paper Basket” is complete.
Please give me feedback, comments and improvisations so that I can make this a better one.