Recently I stumbled upon OSW (One Sheet Wonder) which lets you design numerous cards out of one patterned paper. I chose OSW for 12×12 sheets and designed 10 beautiful cards.
I used the given OSW template and made few tweaks while preparing cards.
Finally, I used one A4 sheet and divided it into two to prepare base card. I used pink floral design with brown background to contrast with the cream base card color. Enjoy my simple yet elegant DIY OSW cards.
Enjoy making DIY OSW Cards!
Since long time I was planning to make madhubani painting but never had courage to make the same as it requires detailing and lot of patience to complete the same.
I finally gathered courage and read about Madhubani and painted Radha Krishna Raas Lila…
It’s been long since I have posted or blogged about cards and crafts, so I thought Father’s Day is good occasion to start with.
I have made this father’s day card that looks like shirt and tie that dad usually wear and inside this is another day with the message. This card is little simple to make and all you need is just the dimensions to be sure about.
First I have made the shirt and then pasted tie over the shirt and glued those collars. After that I have pasted message card inside of the shirt. And it is ready!!
Wish your dad in your special way!! Happy Father’s Day!!!
I was going through some craft ideas, and saw this amazing Mini Present Garland which not looked beautiful but is easy to make. I am sharing the link where I saw it and also steps to make.
You would need: Colorful crepe paper, thin board (eg that of any pack like tea, corn flakes), scissors, glue and thread (preferrably contrasting with crepe colors)
1. Take the thin board and make them into small boxes like that of match box.
Making box for Wrapping
2. After making boxes, wrap the boxes in different colored crepe paper and tie the thread across the box to make it look like a gift.
3. Run across a silver or golden thread across various boxes and make them like a garland.
Present Garland for Christmas
4. Roll around your garland in your Christas Tree and it will look very beautiful and colorful.
Present Garland Christmas Tree
As Christmas is approaching, I thought of doing some craft for Christmas Decoration. I have made Christmas Snowflake from normal paper. You can use any colored paper or heavy paper for that matter as per the look you want for the snowflake.
For each snowflake you would need 6 Square papers, Gluestick, Stapler, Ruler and Pencil (for marking purpose).
1. With each sheet of paper, fold the paper diagonally and once again fold it diagonally, thereby making it triangle.
2. Mark three points at equal distance and cut it till the end leaving about a half inch from the edge.
3. After opening it, you will have a diamond with four triangles on each side. Put glue on every other point. You will be rolling two up, and then the alternate two down.
4. Turn it over, and do two the opposite direction.
5. Staple three together where they touch together. Make sure that all three are kept in same way where the bigger leaf is on either side for all three of them.
6. Then staple two of these together. Staple each flake with each other where they touch so that they don’t fall when you hang them.
7. Hang them from ceiling with the help of thread where ever you wish to!!!
Today I am going to put up a tutorial on how to make a paper basket, which can be made from newspaper or any magazine. I ended up making one like this.
You would need following things to make Paper Basket
2. Glue Stick/Fevicol
3. Fevi Quick
4. Thin Stick (to help roll the paper)
To make newspaper basket,
1. Tear off the newspaper into halves and with the help of stick roll the newspaper and make the rolled long sticks. I made approx. 25 of them. Flatten the sticks so that they can get the desired shapes.
2. With the help of any small object, like old Fevi Stick, start rolling the sticks by gluing the edges during start and at the end. I chose circle as it is easy to make. You can pick old nail paint and make squares out of them.
3. Layout base for your design. I made a square which can be bit tough for beginners. You can try out by making circle by putting one in between and other designs around it. Stick the circles with each other with the help of Fevi Quick.
4. With the help of flattened sticks, roll them around to make border. Paste first stick from one of the corner and other one from the opposite corner with the help of Fevi Quick.
5. Tear off 1/8th paper (approx.) and make thin strips by folding them and attach them in between circles to give them strength using fevicol or glue.
6. Paste the circle vertically to your base and stick the circles with the help of Fevi Quick.
7. The “Paper Basket” is complete.
Please give me feedback, comments and improvisations so that I can make this a better one.